Junior Learn to Row (LTR)
Ready to learn about our favorite sport? We'll bring you up to speed so you can join our team -- even if you've never rowed before. Just choose a camp that fits your schedule, and register by clicking below. The Learn to Row Camp is a 3 hour class. Fee is $85 (includes an MRC t-shirt and a snack).
Junior Learn To Row Camp I: Saturday, May 19, 2018 from 12.00 – 3.00 pm
Junior Learn To Row Camp II: Sunday, May 20, 2018 from 1.00 – 4.00 pm
Junior Learn To Row Camp III: Saturday, May 26, 2018 from 12.00 – 3.00 pm
Junior Learn To Row Camp IV: Saturday, June 2, 2018 from 12.00 – 3.00 pm
Junior Learn To Row Camp V: Sunday, June 3, 2018 from 1.00 – 4.00 pm
Junior Learn To Row Camp VI: Thursday, June 14, 2018 from 9.30 – 12.30 pm
Junior Learn To Row Camp VII: Friday, June 15, 2018 from 9.30 – 12.30 pm
Junior Learn To Row Camp VIII: Sunday, June 17, 2018 from 1.00 – 4.00 pm
Junior Team Detail
Schedule & Team Fees
- Team Fees are seasonal:
- Spring: March 19 - June 1, Monday - Friday 4.00 pm - 5.45 pm
- Summer: June 11 - August 17, Monday - Friday 7.15 am - 9.30 am
- Fall: August 22 - October 26, Monday - Friday 4.00 pm - 5.45 pm
- Have to be a member of MRC (Junior membership dues: $230, Novice Junior membership dues: $175, exclusively to those who have completed "Learn To Row" or "Kids In The Boat" with the Minneapolis Rowing Club.
- $450 Program fee for each season
- For our Novice Juniors the program fee includes a MRC racing tank
- Installment Plan:
We also offer an installment plan for an additional $15 that spreads the costs over 2 payments (please see details).
If you pay in full, your fees due the first week you begin attending sessions.
- Regatta and travel fees are additional.
- Refund Policy: There are no refunds after the season begins and there is no pro-rating of Team Fees.
Team Member Expectations
- Meet minimum standards for participation. Junior Team members are expected to make most practices. If an athlete needs to miss sessions on a regular basis, you must talk to the Junior Lead Coach before joining the team.
- Meet minimum volunteer expectations as MRC members.
- Keep financial status with MRC current by paying regatta (and other) fees promptly.
- Comply with MRC Policies and Code of Conduct.
- The Junior Team is a competition team and athletes are expected to attend most regattas. Additional regatta and travel fees will be assessed prior to each regatta.
2018 Regatta Schedule (must have PASSPORT)
May Midwest Junior Championship,Cincinnati
June USRA Junior Nationals,
Jun. 16 Minneapolis Sprints, Minneapolis
Jun. Thunder Bay Sprints, Thunder Bay, ON
Jul. Duluth International Regatta, Duluth, MN
Jul. Tops & Bottoms, Kenora, ON
Jul. Twin City Youth Sprints, Bryant Lake, MN
Aug. NWIRA Championships,
Sep. Head of the Des Moines, Des Moines, IA
Oct. Head of the Mississippi, Minneapolis, MN
Oct. Row the Miss, Moline, IL
Oct. Head of the Charles, Boston, MA